The High Performance Team Programme
First-line managers are the key interface between strategy and execution in your organisation. Equip these key personnel to build and lead high-performance teams with our core development programme, producing leaders who can:
- Build teams with shared values and the right behaviours
- Develop and lead agile, empowered teams who are aligned towards a common goal
- Deliver exceptional results in dynamic environments
- Continually seek and drive excellence in team performance
Get in touch to find out more about our High Performance Teams Programme.
Building the High-Performance Team (HPT) programme will enable your delegates to make the successful transition to team leaders. Our 6-day programme takes place over 3 modules blended with online materials. Key elements of the programme are:
- Diagnostic tools to understand personal preferences and how to manage differences in the team
- Interactive case studies and scenarios to bring leadership challenges to life
- Team projects analysing real-life internal performance issues
- Tools to help leaders operate effectively under pressure
- A personal development action plan with coaching support
- A methodology to accelerate performance through learning from experience
We will tailor your HPT programme to align with your organisation’s existing development and competency frameworks.
At the end of the programme your team leaders will have:
- Increased self-awareness of own preferences, leadership style and impact on others
- Ability to instil shared values in the team through personal example
- Confidence and knowhow to deal with leadership challenges within their teams
- Tools to set teams up for success
- Improved resilience and ability to manage self and others under pressure
- Positive ownership of a personal development action plan
- A supportive network of peers across the organisation
The HPT programme is a new programme for Winter 17/18, developed in response to client feedback from other programmes indicated a gap in new managers’ capabilities. Often, team members were promoted for technical or functional expertise, without any experience or training in being an effective team leader.
Watch Justin talk about the programme.
The resources below are regularly updated. View all resources in our Insights section.
What I've learned about improving team effectiveness fast
While at business school (some might say a competitive environment – indeed some would say that might suit me…), I took part in a marketing strategy exercise. The basic concept was that each team...Learn more »
Former Red Arrows executive director on how YOU can build a high-performance team
Justin Hughes, a former fighter pilot and executive director of the Red Arrows – shares the principles you can instil in your people and your personal leadership to make your team greater than the sum of its parts There’s a teambuilding offsite... learn more
Get Active With Apps - 3 Team Tech Tactics For Peak Productivity
SMALL STEPS You may have seen a report recently that just 10 minutes per day of brisk walking reduces the risk of early death by 15%. Despite my general scepticism of any catchy statistic that hits the press, the principle of getting people to be... learn more
Developing High-Performance Teams
Mission Excellence Director and former Red Arrows leader, Jas Hawker answers the question he is asked the most - what is the key to developing a high performing team ? learn more
Alignment in Cross Functional Teams
VP Operations at BP talks to Mission Excellence about the challenges facing cross functional project teams. learn more
Any leader who is striving to create a high performance team environment should read this gem of a book from cover to cover! It deserves to become the execution manual for any team or organisation that aims to achieve operational excellence.Costas Markides, Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Holder of the Robert Bauman Chair in Strategic Leadership, London Business School
Justin Hughes' experience as a fighter pilot is highly relevant to teams everywhere. In The Business of Excellence, he has offered a vivid, compelling and highly readable insight into building world-leading teams and organizations.Dr Catherine Raines, Chief Executive, UK Trade & Investment
A new, fresh and engaging perspective on leadership and the creation of high-performance organisations through the lens of somebody with first-hand experience ... the clarity and accessibility of the insights mark this book out as truly excellent.Sir David Walker, former Master of the Queen s Household
Justin Hughes is that rare breed of consultant and commentator who has been there and done it. Combine that with strong values and outstanding communication skills and you have someone worth listening to.David Bellamy, CEO, St James Place
In The Business of Excellence, Justin Hughes articulates a clear strategy for the pursuit of excellence coming from his many years of experience as a fighter pilot and entrepreneur. I am a big fan of learning from other environments and highly recommend it.Paddy Lowe, Executive Director, Mercedes Grand Prix
How can we help you?
We are here to provide you with more information, answer any questions you may have and create effective high-performance solutions for your organisation.
Phone: +44 (0)20 3143 4100
Email: [email protected]