The Learning to Win Programme
Fast learning is a key driver of competitive advantage in a world characterised by change, ambiguity and complexity. Our unique Learning to Win integrated package will help you to build a culture of learning in order to gain and maintain a winning edge. On the journey you’ll learn how to:
- Role model the right behaviours to lead by example
- Cultivate learning attitudes in your people
- Optimise learning and review processes to improve performance fast
Learning to Win provides a comprehensive approach to developing a learning organisation. Three distinct levels offer flexible solutions tailored to your needs.
- Level 1 is for all. Ensure your whole organisation understands the fundamental concepts that underpin a learning culture with our flexible online training provided in a series of five short online videos for maximum engagement and convenience.
- Level 2 is for your learning champions. Masterclasses build a cohort of experts to lead debriefs, advise others and develop supporting policies to generate lasting culture change.
- Level 3 supports live implementation. Consultants work closely with your team to analyse the degree to which you are already a learning organisation. We’ll then support you in building a learning culture through coaching, facilitation of live debriefs, advice on policy, and design of knowledge management systems.
There’s clear evidence that learning organisations have a winning edge and that failure to learn can have many and severe consequences - from financial and business impact to fatal accidents. Read our Reflectonomics paper for some examples. Long-term benefits to your organisation include:
- Better bottom line results
- A culture based on trust, openness and honesty
- Engaged employees who want to continually improve
- Learning practices that are part of the organisation’s DNA
- Widely shared best practices which continually accelerate performance
- Increased innovation to maintain a winning edge
We’ve helped to develop winning learning organisations across many sectors, including:
- Healthcare and pharmaceutical
- Public sector
- Capital project bids
Please call to discuss your specific needs.
The resources below are regularly updated. View all resources in our Insights section.
"The Debrief" TalkingHead August 2016
Mission Excellence's Justin Hughes dissects the team 'debrief'. Using examples from a Red Arrows debriefing session, Justin highlights how it can be used in a highly constructive and objective way to improve team performance. learn more
Leader of the Red Arrows - Leadership
Leader of the Red Arrows talks to Mission Excellence about leadership and what it means from his perspective. learn more
Mission Excellence Brochure: Corporate Overview
High performance is not a theory; it’s a practice Our vision: To be the first choice partner for organisations genuinely committed to high performance. We both consult and develop, leaving clients upskilled for sustainable performance improvement... learn more
Reflectonomics: Learning to Win
Many organisations believe that learning and reflection are important, but there are few examples where that belief has been successfully translated into a winning learning culture . This white paper sets out the business case for organisational... learn more
Any leader who is striving to create a high performance team environment should read this gem of a book from cover to cover! It deserves to become the execution manual for any team or organisation that aims to achieve operational excellence.Costas Markides, Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Holder of the Robert Bauman Chair in Strategic Leadership, London Business School
Justin Hughes' experience as a fighter pilot is highly relevant to teams everywhere. In The Business of Excellence, he has offered a vivid, compelling and highly readable insight into building world-leading teams and organizations.Dr Catherine Raines, Chief Executive, UK Trade & Investment
A new, fresh and engaging perspective on leadership and the creation of high-performance organisations through the lens of somebody with first-hand experience ... the clarity and accessibility of the insights mark this book out as truly excellent.Sir David Walker, former Master of the Queen s Household
Justin Hughes is that rare breed of consultant and commentator who has been there and done it. Combine that with strong values and outstanding communication skills and you have someone worth listening to.David Bellamy, CEO, St James Place
In The Business of Excellence, Justin Hughes articulates a clear strategy for the pursuit of excellence coming from his many years of experience as a fighter pilot and entrepreneur. I am a big fan of learning from other environments and highly recommend it.Paddy Lowe, Executive Director, Mercedes Grand Prix
How can we help you?
We are here to provide you with more information, answer any questions you may have and create effective high-performance solutions for your organisation.
Phone: +44 (0)20 3143 4100